MBBS in Nepal is the best opportunity for the Indian students. Nepal is nearby to India and has amicable relations with the nation. Since long time students are studying medicine in Nepal, mostly majority of students is more from the Northern part of the country. The best thing about Nepal medical colleges is that most of the faculty is from India. There are numerous professors who belong to India. If you are looking for direct admission for MBBS in Nepal without donation in best medical colleges within your set budget under Management/Indian/foreign/quota in medical colleges, certainly you are at the right place. MBBS from Nepal is valid in India only after qualifying the MCI screening test once you complete the medical course.
MBBS in Nepal 2021 – Highlights
|Program duration||5.5 Years|
|Eligibility Criteria||60% marks in PCB & NEET qualified|
|Total fees||45 Lakh to 65 Lakh for 5 years|
|Hostel fees||1 Lakh/year **|
|Entrance Exams||University level entrance exam is required|
|Medical colleges affiliated by||Kathmandu University & Tribhuvan University|
|Medical colleges approved by||MCI & WHO|
|Last date to apply||Sept, 2021|
Latest Update about MBBS in Nepal-
- BPKIHS, MBBS Application form 2021 will be available in August – Sept, 2021.
- IOM (Tribhuvan University) MBBS Application form 2021 will be available from August to Sept, 2021.
- Kathmandu University MBBS Application form for International students will be available in September 2021.
- Latest Fee Structure – Click here
- You can contact us @ +91-9958565973 for assistance in admission procedure.
Nepal is famous among Indian students majorly because of the quality of education, competitive fee structure, and less documentation are among the fewer reasons why for Indian students selecting this country for higher education. Contradictory to other countries, you do not require any visa to study in Nepal. Furthermore, the culture, food habits and lifestyle are matched to a great deal with that of India. All the medical colleges/universities are approved by the Medical Council of India. Even the syllabus curriculum is similar to the Indian counterparts. There is no such language barrier. Being English and Hindi as a communicative language spoken in Nepal, students will find easy to communicate with each other even with their patients at the time of their internship.
It is essential for the students to choose the best college in Nepal for pursuing their MBBS course and also to strengthen their career. Few top best medical colleges in Nepal are listed below.
Top Medical Colleges to Study MBBS in Nepal at lowest package
|1||Nobel Medical College, Biratnagar||Kathmandu University||55 Lakh|
|2||Universal College of Medical Sciences||Tribhuvan University||58 Lakh|
|3||KIST Medical College, Imadol, Lalitpur||Tribhuvan University||48 Lakh|
|4||National Medical College, Birganj||Tribhuvan University||60 Lakh|
|5||Devdaha Medical College, Devdaha||Kathmandu University||50 Lakh|
|6||Nepal Ganj Medical College, Nepalganj||Kathmandu University||56 Lakh|
|7||Chitawan Medical College, Chitawan||Tribhuvan University||52 Lakh|
|8||Birat Medical College & Teaching Hospital, Biratnagar||Kathmandu University||53 Lakh|
|9||Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara||Kathmandu University||58 Lakh|
|10||Lumbini Medical College & Research Cente, Palpa||Kathmandu University||53 Lakh|
|11||Gandaki Medical College, Pokhara||Tribhuvan University||52 Lakh|
|12||Janaki Medical College, Janakpur||Tribhuvan University||45 Lakh|
|13||Kathmandu Medical College||Kathmandu University||54 Lakh|
|14||Nepal Medical College & Teaching Hospital||Kathmandu University||52 Lakh|
|15||Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS)||Kathmandu University||47 Lakh|
Duration of MBBS in Nepal
- MBBS course duration in Nepal is of five years and a half years.
- Initial years are of theoretical classes and basic study of medical sciences and clinical study.
- In the last year, students are required to go through the internship program in clinics of hospitals of the college or university. Such courses also offer options for recruiting the students on the completion of the course.
- Students who have passed the 10+2 with the science background are entitled to apply for the MBBS admission in Nepal.
- To get admission in Nepal, it is vital for the students to meet the certain stipulated criteria set by the medical universities/colleges.
- There will be no relaxation provided to the students in the context of eligibility. Nepal MBBS entrance exam for the students who would like to appear should meet the eligibility criteria.
Syllabus for MBBS Program in Nepal
- The study pattern of Nepalese medical colleges is similar to India.
- The total duration of the course is 5 and 1/2 years including a 1-year internship.
- First two years they will teach basic medical sciences and in the next 2 and a half years, students will learn the principles and skills of clinical medicine through rotating internships.
|Basic Sciences||Community Medicine||Clinical Medicine|
How much does it cost to study MBBS in Nepal?
MBBS in Nepal Fee Structure
- When we talk about MBBS fee structure and cost in Nepal Medical Colleges, it much affordable in comparison to Pvt Indian Medical Colleges.
- The fees in Nepalese medical colleges starts from 40 Lakhs to 60 Lakhs (it’s total for 5 years) while students pay approx. 80-90 Lakhs in India to study MBBS in Pvt Medical colleges. This is another reason most of the Indian students move to Nepal for medical studies.
- Click Here to Download fees structure.
Why Study MBBS from Nepal?
- Easy Documentation: Documentation system in Nepal universities is fairly simple and quick. Candidates can easily apply for admission or any other work-related with the university. Because of the uncomplicated procedure and humble behavior of Nepal peoples many international students are applying to Nepal universities.
- Admission without Visa: It is the most favorable condition for Indian students to pursue medicine in Nepal without a visa because of friendly relation among two nations. Indian students are allowed to step into the country without any visa or permission but other international students are required to take their visa along with them.
- No Proficiency Test: In most of the European universities it is required to qualify the language test like IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in any course but this is not in case of Nepal Universities students don’t require to clear any proficiency test. Nepal universities will provide you a chance to study without any kind of pressure.
- Less expensive: As compared from Indian institutions either it’s public or private a middle-class family student should not get admission in Institutions because of very high fee structure and donation amounts so applying in Nepal universities is wise decision because their total tuition fees is much less than Indian institute and their students do not have to give any donation fees. Total fee approximately ranges about 24 to 40 lakhs INR.
- Hospitality in Nepal: Hostel facility is available for international students who came from another land. There is separate hostel available for both girls and boys at an easy and affordable price with modern living lifestyle and hygienic food availability. Hostel rooms are available at a single or sharing basis so that students can easily manage in their fixed budget.
- Other facilities: There are many other amenities provided to the students at a campus like Library, labs, Computer labs, study halls, Auditorium, sports courts, café, departmental stores, students club, and others. Bank and ATMs are also available in the campus for financial transactions.
- FMGE passing percentage: As compared from Russia, China, Ukraine or any other country, students who have completed their course from Nepal universities have more chances to qualify the MCI screening for practicing in India as Nepal’s passing percentage is 17.7%.
Benefits of Studying in Nepal
- Low fees structure in comparison Indian Pvt medical colleges.
- High quality education offered by MCI approved Nepalese medical colleges.
- World-wide recognition of degree
- Institutions are approved by World Health Organization (WHO)
- Affordable living expenses
- Admission process is easier than other countries in the world. Nepal demands less formality from Indians.
- Many international students study in Nepal.
- Beautiful environment.
- Religion and culture are similar to India.
- Indian foods and teaching faculty available.
- Nepal is extremely safe country.
Admission Process to Study MBBS in Nepal 2021-21
The admission process for getting admission in Nepalese medical colleges is not similar to India. As you know in India the complete admission process is done through NEET by NTA. In Nepal, separate entrance exams are conducted by universities and medical colleges. We will provide complete assistance in admission, all you need to qualify the required eligibility criteria.
Eligibility MBBS in Nepal for Indian Students
- Minimum age 17 years
- Maximum age limit for MBBS in Nepal for Indian students is as per NEET age limit.
- The students must score minimum 50 % marks in their 0+2 examinations from a recognized board/university with the Physics, Chemistry, Biology and compulsory English.
- Must be NEET-UG qualified.
- Valid Indian Passport and no Visa required.
- Valid MCI certificate.
Documents Required for MBBS in Nepal
Candidates required the following documents to get medical admission in Nepal-
- 10th & 12th Mark-sheet/Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Nationality certificate/Adhar Card
- Passport size photograph
- Birth certificate
- NEET scorecard
MCI approved medical colleges in Nepal, the Supreme Court have ruled is Kathmandu University, Tribhuvan University, Patan Academy of Health Sciences and B.P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences. All these universities have different medical colleges under them that provide MBBS course to the students. Students are selected on the basis of the merit list. Scholarship Programs are also offered to the students.
Facilities for Students
Facilities for students studying MBBS in Nepal is best suited. The most basic facilities are listed below.
- There is a provision for the separate hostel accommodations for boys and girls.
- These hostels are located within the college premises. Students have to deposit the hostel charges lump sum for the entire session.
- During the Internship, students can pay their hostel fee from the internship allowance that they get.
- Once, students begin living there, they are not permitted to shift or change the hostel. It is the responsibility of the hostel management to take care of the security of students, cleanliness, providing good canteen facilities and regular water and electricity amenities.
- Due to the mountainous terrain, road construction is very difficult and also involves huge expenses. Majority of the dwellers have to travel to reach the main roads.
- Aviation is the only way for travelling within the country and overseas. Nepal has 47 airports brick runways.
- It takes around 1hour 30 minutes to reach Nepal from Delhi airport.
- A staple food of Nepal is Dal Bhat. Students can even avail their favourite cuisines in the hostel canteens.
- Be it non-vegetarian or vegetarian, you can opt for both the food items of your own choice.
- All delicious Indian foods are available in Nepal so you can enjoy while studying MBBS in Nepal
Scope after studying MBBS from Nepal
- Most of the Indian who doesn’t study MBBS in India due to some reasons, studying MBBS from Nepal is definitely a better option.
- There are many benefits, we have already explained above. As Indian after doing MBBS from Nepal, you can do clinical practice just after qualifying FMGE.
- If you would like to continue your education the best option is to do PG from India or other countries like USA & UK. A candidate who just don’t want to be a clinician, maybe a researcher and do Ph.D.
|Population||2.63 Cr (Approximately)|
|Climate||Maritime and continental Climate|
|Temperature||Minimum 7 degree C and Maximum 40 degree C|
|Travel distance from Delhi||1.30 minutes approximately via flight|
Nepal is the Federal Democratic Republic and is a sovereign country which is located in the Himalayas. It is in the North part of the country, which has the tallest mountain range in the world, including that of Mount Everest. Lord Buddha’s birth, namely, Lumbini place also lies in this particular region. It is one of the most renowned pilgrimage spots in the world. Kathmandu is the capital of Nepal. Nepal is famous for its multi-ethnicity and multi-cultural background.
The total area of Nepal is 147,181 km2 in trapezoidal shape which covers 800 Km long and 200 Km wide space. When we see the physiography of Nepal, it is divided into Himal, Pahad, and Terai. Himal is the mountain region containing snow and situated in Himalayan Range. Pahad is also mountain region but generally does not contain snow. Terai is the lowland region, also contains some hill ranges. The Terai region is formed and fed by three major Himalayan rivers.
Climate & Weather
- When we talk about Climate of Nepal, it has five climatic zones. There are five seasons that Nepalese experience; summer, monsoon, autumn, winter, and spring.
- Nepal has very pleasant environment due to the mountainous region.
- In the summer season, the maximum temperature goes 25-300C in the month of May-august.
- Rainfall in monsoon season goes to 40 to 55 and minimum temperature 100C.
- Nepalese feels 5-20 average temperature in the month of January and sometimes it goes below 00.
Majority of the people in Nepal follows Hinduism and believer of Lord Shiva. Studying and living in Nepal does not make you feel a strange country. Everything in Nepal is similar to India.
FAQs about Studying Medicine in Nepal
Q1. Are medical colleges in Nepal recognized by MCI to pursue MBBS?
We say No, they are approved by MCI not recognized.
Q2. Is it mandatory to qualify FMGE to practice in India?
Yes, as per Medical Council of India rules & regulation, it has become compulsory to qualify FMGE after MBBS degree from foreign countries.
Q3. What is the minimum age limit required to get admission in medical institutions of Nepal?
Candidate should be minimum 17 years old as on 31st December of the admission year.
Q4. Does, Nepal require passport and visa to study for India students?
No, Nepal is passport & visa-free for Indian students.
Q5. What are the disadvantages of studying MBBS in Nepal?
When we talk about the disadvantages of studying medicine in Nepal for Indian students the very first thing come is MCI-screening. A candidate who studies outside of India has to appear and qualify FMGE conducted by MCI. Without clearing this exam candidate can not practice in India as a doctor. This is not limited to Nepal only but for all other countries except the UK, USA, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand.
Q6. Is Nepal is considered to be good for MBBS?
Yes, Nepal is good place to study medical for Indian students as the country is closest to India and follow Indian study curriculum.
Q7. What are the entrance exams required to study in Nepal?
First of all candidate must have passed NEET-UG conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA), secondly he/she qualify university level entrance test conducted in Nepal.
Q8.Is Nepal MBBS degree valid in India?
Once, candidate clear the FMGE, it becomes valid in India to practice.
Q9. What is MCI eligibility certificate?
Candidates who are willing to study medicine in foreign medical institutions shall require Eligibility Certificate from MCI under Eligibility Certificate Regulation 2002.
We would help you and our consultants will guide you to reserve your seat in your dream medical colleges that too in your set budget. For other related queries, you may contact us. Medical admission is not a tough decision if the right choice is made at the right time.
MBBS in Nepal 2021-2022 direct admission, Advance bookings have already started. Book your precious seats to make your dream true at very modest and genuine rates through us. Rise and Shine! Call – +91-9958565973